High-performance EBC Brakes Racing components available very soon for G8X-series M Cars
Last summer, EBC Brakes was proud to be one of the first aftermarket braking companies to offer uprated pads for the recently-launched BMW M3/M4 variants. The Northampton-based firm is now expanding on this product range with the introduction of EBC Brakes Racing’s stunning fully-floating two-piece discs for the front axle of these acclaimed sports cars.
Research and development work was performed alongside a number of vehicles and companies, including London-based R44 Performance and its G80 M3 Competition.
The result is a 380x36mm version of EBC’s much-loved two-piece floating disc, that can be bolted directly on to all G8X-series M3 and M4 models (minus those sporting carbon ceramic brakes), and will offer impressive braking performance and longevity, especially when driven hard on road and track.
This disc will fit the front axle of the following vehicles (apart from those fitted with optional carbon ceramic brakes from the factory):
– G80 BMW M3 | 3.0 Twin Turbo | (2021- )
– G80 BMW M3 Competition | 3.0 Twin Turbo | (2021- )
– G82 BMW M4 | 3.0 Twin Turbo | (2021- )
– G82 BMW M4 Competition | 3.0 Twin Turbo | (2021- )
– G83 BMW M4 Convertible | 3.0 Twin Turbo | (2021- )
– G83 BMW M4 Competition Convertible | 3.0 Twin Turbo | (2021- )
– EBC’s two-piece fully-floating 380x36mm discs are a simple bolt-on upgrade that seamlessly replace the original ‘pin-drive’ brake disc without vehicle modification.
– Unlike the stock pin-drive discs which do not float, EBC’s SG2F fully-floating rotor allows the outer cast-iron friction ring to expand freely with temperature, totally eliminating disc ‘warping’.
– Discs are grooved unlike the original rotors which are perforated. This allows the pad to vent without the holes becoming epicentres for disc cracking.
– Race-derived G3500 grade high-carbon cast-iron is used for the friction rings. This high-quality metallurgy possesses greater crack resistance and an increased ability to conduct and then radiate heat.
– Aluminium bells are machined from aerospace-grade aluminium and then hard anodised for longevity, whereas the stock brake rotors use uncoated cast aluminium bells.
– Cast-iron friction rings feature 48-curved vanes and are handed for each side of the vehicle. This significantly improves the brake discs’ ability to radiate heat, increasing brake system endurance and prolonging the onset of brake fade.
– Bobbins are machined from stainless steel which cannot rust, ensuring the disc continues to float freely throughout its entire life cycle on the vehicle, even on road cars.
– Spring clips ensure totally silent operation and eliminate off-brake disc rattle.
– Friction rings can be replaced individually after they have become worn, allowing the aluminium bell and stainless steel bobbins to be re-used, leading to lower long-term operating costs.
EBC Brakes Racing
– Formed in 2015 as a response to the ever-expanding track day and race car markets, EBC Brakes Racing is a sub-division of world-leader in the industry, EBC Brakes.
– With modern vehicles becoming increasingly heavy, coupled with ever-higher power outputs, the demand placed on the braking system today is higher than ever. As such, EBC Brakes Racing was born: aiming to offer uncompromised braking products of the finest quality that offer unparalleled levels of performance.
– Several million pounds have already been invested into the development of EBC Brakes Racing’s British-built range of products, which includes the likes of RP-1™ pads, Apollo Big Brake Kits and fully-floating two-piece rotors.
– EBC Brakes Racing provides car enthusiasts around the world with quality, UK-made parts at competitive prices, whilst staying true to its mantra of developing braking products that offer unparalleled levels of performance.
Part Number: SG2F022
Product Type: Two-piece fully-floating brake disc
Availability: Coming soon – please keep your eyes peeled for further announcements