Now Available: EBC Brakes Racing Fully Floating Two-Piece Discs for C8 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
With almost 500bhp on tap from its mid-mounted, normally aspirated V8 powerplant, the recently released C8 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray has already been heralded across the globe as a stunningly rewarding sports car whether driven on road or track.
To help unlock its full potential, EBC Brakes Racing has announced the launch of its acclaimed two-piece fully-floating brake discs for the front and rear axles of this machine – an ideal bolt-on upgrade to help improve stopping power, especially during hard-driving conditions.
The 345x30mm (front) and 350x27mm (rear) discs can be bolted directly on to the respective axles of these vehicles, offering impressive braking performance and longevity, particularly when driven hard on road and track.
EBC Brakes Racing Fully Floating Two-Piece Discs
– EBC’s 345x30mm (front) and 350x27mm (rear) two-piece fully floating rotors are a simple bolt-on upgrade that seamlessly replace the original brake rotors without vehicle modification.
– EBC’s SG2F fully floating rotor allows the outer cast-iron friction ring to expand freely with temperature, totally eliminating rotor warping.
– Rotors are grooved unlike the original rotors which are perforated. This allows the pad to vent without the holes becoming epicentres for rotor cracking.
– Race-derived G3500-grade high-carbon cast iron is used for the friction rings. This high-quality metallurgy possesses greater crack resistance and an increased ability to conduct and then dissipate heat.
– Aluminium bells are machined from aerospace-grade aluminium and then hard anodised for longevity, whereas the stock brake rotors use uncoated cast aluminium bells.
– Cast iron friction rings feature 48 curved vanes and are handed for each side of the vehicle. This significantly improves the brake rotor’s ability to dissipate heat, increasing brake system endurance and prolonging the onset of brake fade.
– Bobbins are machined from stainless steel which cannot rust, ensuring the rotor continues to float freely throughout its entire life cycle on the vehicle, even on road cars.
– Spring clips ensure totally silent operation and eliminate off-brake rotor rattle.
– Friction rings can be replaced individually after they have become worn, allowing the
aluminium bell and stainless-steel bobbins to be re-used, leading to lower long-term operating costs.
– Now featuring the latest thermic black corrosion-resistant finish–the very latest in rust prevention.
Part Number: SG2F027 (front) and SG2F028 (rear)
Product Type: Two-piece fully floating brake disc
Axle: Front and rear
Diameter/Thickness: 345x30mm (front) and 350x27mm (rear)